Hytune Motorsport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite circuit and why?

3 posters

Go down

Favourite circuit and why? Empty Favourite circuit and why?

Post by Tom Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:51 am

Hello all

I would like to start a discussion on your favourite circuit. Ill open this subject to both karts and car circuits but it has to be a circuit you have tested or raced on. Then please give reasons on why you think it is your prefered circuit. Circuits can be in the UK or overseas!

hopefully should through up some good answers and help others to decide if the circuit you have discussed is worth taking a look at!

so, who is going to go first!!!! Cool
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

Sprockets : 0

http://www.hytunemotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Favourite circuit and why? Empty Re: Favourite circuit and why?

Post by DAZ Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:28 am

Right well, In which case, I would say Spa in Belgium is my favorite circuit by some margin, I tested the whilst with Aston Martin and Lotus and always went quite well there, and may I just add, eau rouge- WOW what a sequence!!

However if the question was to be altered and just u.k based then I would have to say, Thruxton as it's a fast and furious place and always inspires some good racing!

The best corner/sequence in the world I still think belongs to Spa and eau rouge!!

Any thoughts or comments??
DAZ
DAZ
Burning Rubber!!
Burning Rubber!!

Sprockets : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:10 am

ive only really driven one car circuit properly and that was the ring! an amazing stretch of tarmac and definately lives up to its name!

but my knowledge is with kart circuits. I do have many favourites and if i could i would put different sections of a few circuits together!

one track that many people talk is Paul Fletcher International (PFI/TVKC) but when it was 1st constructed many saw it as a circuit that was too metric, all the corners are perfectly formed, which in a racers eye doesnt give the track any charactor, but we did have many good races there, and the track was slightly altered to make things a bit more intresting!

i think that one of my most remembered circuits has to be Larkhall, Scotland. A great circuit with a great downhill first section which a double apex left which is flat out and into a hard braking area then a good straight onto a complx of corners on an uphill slope!

I also loved the S1 circuit at Three Sisters, Wigan, very long straights with a few nasty complexes of corners! you had to be good through the corners and carry your speed as low gearing was run to achieve top speed on the straight!!! also the downhill chicane caused chaos on some 1st laps!!!

if you like speed, shennington is a good fast flowing circuit and a great braking area into a right hairpin!

I guess i like many circuits, i think id have to merge them together to create my favourite!!!!
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Track rod buster Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:34 am

for me, rye house, definetly ive been there twice and i love it! the first cornere (stadium) is by far the best corner ive driven in a kart a flat out sweeping right hander which tightens and then flicks left for devils elbow. thes two corners are my favoroute sequence Smile
Track rod buster
Track rod buster
Rookie
Rookie

Location : My House, My Street, My town, My Country, In A Whole Little World Of My Own lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum