Hytune Motorsport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goodwood Sprint today- quick story!!

2 posters

Go down

Goodwood Sprint today- quick story!! Empty Goodwood Sprint today- quick story!!

Post by DAZ Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi to all, just a quick update on the weekend so far, today Hytune motorsport were in attendance at Goodwood circuit for a sprint meeting at which we were supporting the OMS, Hyuabusa powered car of Malc Boorman and Bill Johnson, today was to be somewhat of a shake down and data aquisation excersize.
The day for me started at approx 5am heading to the garage to finalise the loading up and then trailing the pair to the Goodwood circuit, where we quickly got set up and before long were bumping into and being acosted by many familiar faces with some weird and wonderfull machines, Once we wer fairly organised we were scruteneered quite quickly and then off to be noise tested, which was passed but with a warning to say we were on the limit, fortunatly we had a bigger silencer with us and after the news of random drive by testing we decided to fit the bigger one for at least the early runs, and maybe swap back to the smaller bike can in the final runs when it wouldnt matter any more if they decided to test you and throw you out for a failure as there would be no further runs for our pair anyway?! Wink
The day got off to a good start with the pair running at the upper end of the mid pack on the time sheets, which considering both the guys have very little mileage in this car is very very good, we worked out that Bill in particular has only covered approx 2 miles in the car prior to todays event.
After deciding that the car was performing reasonably but perhaps a little flat on wide open throttle we set about some minor changes to fueling and reduced the fuel pressure as it seemed to be consuming at a staggaring rate, this seemed to acheive a cleaner accelaration and an improvement in the times so we continued to fettle the pressure throughout the following runs, also the problem encountered in the morning practice runs of missing second gear with the paddle shifter seemed to be remedy with bothe drivers being more 'positive' when tugging on the upshift paddle.

The afternoon ended with both guys in the top 6 in there group, although Malcolm's final run was ended prematurely by having back the fuel pressure regulator off a little too much and as a result the car ran too lean and lost power, so to prevent any major engine damage he aborted the run and cruised it back to the paddock (taking in the sights of the glorious goodwood grounds drenched in sunlight)

All in all a very good productive day, good info collected and to be analysed (probably over a cold pint?!) and now a well earned rest, oh and i personnaly have the worst case of sunburn i have ever experienced in my adult life!! Embarassed
affraid lol!
DAZ
DAZ
Burning Rubber!!
Burning Rubber!!

Sprockets : 1

http://www.hytunemotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Goodwood Sprint today- quick story!! Empty Re: Goodwood Sprint today- quick story!!

Post by Tom Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:32 am

shame i missed the day mate! sounds like an awsome day! next time i will definatey have to come along!!!

my day of taking nipper to Hayling Island and getting naucious on the tea cups sounds kinda dull now Laughing
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

Sprockets : 0

http://www.hytunemotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down