Hytune Motorsport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

friendly club in surrey

3 posters

Go down

friendly club in surrey Empty friendly club in surrey

Post by DAZ Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:50 am

in surrey there is a long established, family orientated, friendly club, they run practise days2-3 weeknds every month and rates are reasonable, for further details visit camberley kart clubs web site, who knows you may even bump into us down there??!! Very Happy
DAZ
DAZ
Burning Rubber!!
Burning Rubber!!

Sprockets : 1

http://www.hytunemotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down

friendly club in surrey Empty Re: friendly club in surrey

Post by Tom Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:52 am

i started my outdoor racing at Camberley circuit, i was 10 and in cadets Wink lol i still got the pictures to proove it Laughing

nice friendly atmosphere down there, and a easy circuit to learn, making it easier for new comers Smile
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

Sprockets : 0

Back to top Go down

friendly club in surrey Empty new

Post by darren85 Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:30 pm

Hi i have been visiting camberley for a few months now thinkin of doing my own go kart any idea where to start and how much it costs total novice
any help
on a budget as well

i met some guys 13/06/09 i was with my nephew
and two guys in a vectra with nice karts had the hytune logo ect on car was that u guys ????
darren85
darren85
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:06 am

Hello Darren

1st of all, welcome to the site Smile

Yes that would of been Darren and Ross, i was also supposed to be there, but had family stuff to do instead.... Sad

As a novice karting can be very cheap to start out in. If you are local to Camberley then its even easier as they do tend to run slightly slacker rules than othe cicuits. one advantage is they dont require a race licence to test there

Karts can be easily brought on the cheap, but if you are unsure seek advice before you buy a kart to make sure you are getting one that is best suited to you.

if you let us know your requirments ie; how often are you going to go karting or if you intend to get serious and start to race then myself and Darren will try our best to help you out if starting up in the sport Smile

We do like to help out new comers to karting, so please do feel free to pop over and say hi next time, if your lucky and Darren is in a good mood he might even let you try out karting before you decide to buy Wink

Like i said mate, and help you need, please ask us.. its what we created this company and forum for Smile

Enjoy the site, and keep your eyes open for a brand new website coming very soon!!!

Tom
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by darren85 Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:10 pm

thanks for your reply i will pop over next time i see u guys there think one of the guys has a seat to fix

my nephew has a rotax engine water cooled he is 16
would u recomend the above

wat do u use engine wise ??

cheers for reply
darren85
darren85
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:14 pm

lol yea i heard darren broke the seat on the Wright!!! i managed to break that along with his bumper a few months ago, not from crashing.. just going to fast into the corners Wink

rotax is a very good class, push start, long engine life and lesser rebuilds, though are many very expensive to get hold of, would have to look long and hard to find one thats in good condition for a reasonable price!! also the rotax class is used everywhere for testing, racing club level and national championships. so its a class that is worthwhile doing Smile

i have raced since i was 9, so i was a cadet and then spent most of my time in TKM.

TKM was at the time i was racing was very cost effective and had very close racing in it. today is pretty much the same, though i think many rules in tkm that made it so cheap to run have slipped a bit, and therefore it seems a little more expensive than it used to be, though still a very competitive class Wink

introducing the clutch to tkm engines was in many eyes a good idea, heck i could see why it was a good idea in the wet if you kept spinning out Wink but i was always a direct drive man, its the way i was brought up in karting lol!!

also the update of the engines being able to increase size to 115cc made tkm a class to be worth driving in again, but its yet to proove to me its better than a 100cc (ask darren as his extreme couldnt keep up with my old Grice prepared 100cc engine Wink

anyways ill keep my eyes out for a rotax for you, or if i see anything that i think will be of intrest to you ill pass the info on Smile

Thanks

Tom
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by darren85 Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:54 pm

think i am going to look on ebay see wat prices they are goin 4

any web sites i can look on 4 karts???

i only want too pratice but if things go well maybe could do more ??
thanks for ure advice i will pop over next time im there cheers tom

darren
darren85
darren85
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by DAZ Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:47 am

Hi there mate, there was a chap with an fr125 rotax for sale at blackbushe on sataurday, he has also got a couple of gearbox karts and a 250cc nationl, might be worth askin him as he was talking sensible money for it?! just a thought, failing that if we cant find you something u could haunt the karting marketplace site its free to advertise so theres loads of gear on there Wink see you soon mate.
Daz
DAZ
DAZ
Burning Rubber!!
Burning Rubber!!

Sprockets : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:51 pm

125 rotax sounds fun matey, did you manage to get his details?
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:52 pm

saying that

i could put a TKM rolling chassis together if needed Wink would just need an engine!
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by darren85 Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:48 am

hi ya wat sort of price we talkin??? cheers darren
darren85
darren85
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by darren85 Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:03 am

hi again im curruntly watchin this on ebay
ZIP EVO ROLLING CHASSIS 2007???
£122 at the moment
darren85
darren85
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:36 pm

erm as for my kart not 100% sure, ill have a think, i have to put it together 1st before i say, as i want to make sure i have all the bits Laughing

As for the Zip, rolling chassis is a kart minus an engine, so whatever that sells for, you will need an engine to suit! bit like my tkm, though we may have an engine coming up for sale if we decide put Ross into a different kart, then there will be a TKM engine doin nowt Wink

ill keep you posted!!

send me the link to the ZIP on ebay, ill give you my comments Smile

Tom
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:15 pm

so how you getting on finding a kart mate? still waiting for that link to see this kart on the ebay Wink
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by darren85 Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:55 am

oh it finished sos been unwell this week not got too much done

Is practice on this saturday was goin to pop down
my partners friend has been going down ckc he been doin it since her was 7 which i only found out yesterday so that shocked me cos i dont kno very many ppl who do go karting

maybe see u there cheers
darren85
darren85
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:19 pm

didnt think it was on that weekend, its only on once a month in the summer (this is, like many kart circuits due to the neighbours that dont like the noise.... when did you see the closest house to blackbushe???) Wink

i started racing at 10 down blackbushe, returned there recently for the first time for 18years Wink god how time flies Smile
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by darren85 Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:56 am

saturday was race day

i was speaking to a bloke and he said they are trying to get sundays back as well

u dont even see a house even on the blackbushe airport road lol amazeing how ppl wanna wreck what local communities have it keeps kids off the streets proberley find its the car auction place wanna join in but cant cos there at work lol
darren85
darren85
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:43 am

its ususally the toffs just wanting to ruin others peoples fun, as they think they too posh to do it lol

if you think blackbushe is bad, then pfi is in the middle of nowhere (next to fulbeck) and has a huge bank around it, when you are by the road you cant even hear it, let alone at the next village which is about 5miles away!!!

its mostly to do with the amount of trucks going through their villages... but they never stop to think about the custom it creates for their village shops, pubs and hotels/b&b's etc Wink
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down