Hytune Motorsport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Racing Colours

2 posters

Go down

Your Racing Colours Empty Your Racing Colours

Post by Tom Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:00 am

Behind anyone's racing colours is a reason why they chose them. So id like to hear your choice of racing colours and why you chose them

My original colours were black and red, this was when colours didnt really matter to me and its a suit that fitted!! and at the time my crash helmet was white with crazy red and blue lines all over it!

but when i got deeper into the world of motorsport i found myself choosing Blue and yellow. This obsession got into quite a bit of detail, to the point where even my chassis were yellow at the front and fading to blue towards the rear. The reason i chose these colours was due to the fact that a well known british F1 driver (Nigel Mansell) was racing for williams, and at the time they were sponsored by Camel and their car was blue and yellow. So being a british racing fanatic i chose to follow their choice!

this lasted all they way up to Senior TKM where a chassis change was in needed. so when moving to a tonykart chassis a colour change of chassis wasnt really on the cards so the kart then became green and white.

but to this day i never lost my original heritage of blue and yellow as my Crash helmet still carries the colours!

bit of a lame one on why i chose what i did, but i believe it was a good one Smile
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

Sprockets : 0

http://www.hytunemotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Your Racing Colours Empty Re: Your Racing Colours

Post by DAZ Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:53 am

Well I've changed a little over the years, in the early stages like many I had a green and black suit and a black crash helmet, although the green theme has been a family racing colour for years, I have gone through a few colours as the suits were whatever was the cheapest option at the time rather than the prettiest, now however my colours are orange and black, there's a few reasons, firstly to break the mould with the family'green theme and secondly my grandfathers scottish kilt cours are black and orange so there we go, I see it as a trubute to my hero, grandad hyland, notice the similarity in the commpany name?!! ;-)
DAZ
DAZ
Burning Rubber!!
Burning Rubber!!

Sprockets : 1

http://www.hytunemotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down