Hytune Motorsport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prokart Racing

2 posters

Go down

Prokart Racing Empty Prokart Racing

Post by laurakart44 Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:30 am

Hi,

If I was to take my licence in my prokart, am I able to race any other type of kart? Or would I have to retake my test if I ever wanted to change to a Rotax?

Also do you know which tracks race Prokarts? And how/where can I find out what regs a prokarts have to meet to be able to race?

Thanks!

Laura Very Happy

laurakart44
Rookie
Rookie

Sprockets : 0

Back to top Go down

Prokart Racing Empty Re: Prokart Racing

Post by Tom Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi Laura

Welcome finally to our forum!! its been quiet here lately! but im sure with your help it will be a busy place!!!

a karting licence lets you choose your class of kart, as long as you fit the critera ie: age and minimum weights

if you have never held an RASMSA licence then you will have to start with a kart national 'b' licence, then compete in 6 races at circuits regulating under the RACMSA and obtian signitures from the officals. These races will be completed while using the black plates (novice) We know you not a novice as we have seen you run rings round Ross Wink

once completed you will be able to obtain a kart national 'a' licence where its racing as normal Smile

Honestly Rotax is a much better class to choose, decent power, good length between engine rebuilds, and there are more choices of events for the rotax's

have a look at this form http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_forms/Initial_Application_Form.pdf it is the application form for a race licence and hopefullt should help!

hope all is well!!
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

http://www.hytunemotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by laurakart44 Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:39 am

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me so soon! Very Happy

I didnt realise there was so much involed, I thought it would be one test and off I go.

I am thinking of getting a Rotax - for the power mainly, and just wondered if it was worth taking my test in my prokart until I hopefully get my Rotax in November.

Haha Ross wont be happy you saying that - but we know its true lol Razz

Thanks again!!

Laura

laurakart44
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:36 pm

lol i have no social life lately... mostly glued to a comp screen lol

take your test in your pro kart for now, as you are familar with it, get your licence, then move on from there. just because you take the ARKS in your pro kart, doesnt mean you have to stick to that class!!!

just let me have a go in the rotax when you get it Laughing
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laurakart44 Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:17 am

lol I was about to say I would but you wouldnt fit in my midget size seat.... but then i remembered what Ross was telling me about you Razz

So why havent you been out at Blackbushe since ive been going?... cant handle the pace now? lol Very Happy

laurakart44
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:51 am

haha... the pace? i set the pace dag nammit!!! Laughing

ive been out a couple of times, though last few test days ive been too busy to get down, having a 1year old that bigger than me is quite a handful Laughing

im really trying to come to the october test day as we have a guy coming down for a taste of karting!! so i have no excuse not to turn up Laughing

Anyone is small to Ross... He has to duck for flying pigeons!!!! :lol;
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laurakart44 Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:54 am

Hi Tom,

I found that at Lydd I can race my prokart without having to have a MSA licence. Its once a month and its run through the Kent Kart Club. I'm guessing its the same set up as CKC racing as its: 20 minute timed qualifiying, 4x8 lap heats, and 1x10 lap final.... and throphies too!!

I've just found all the regs for a prokart too, so im going down to watch on the next race which is 15th nov and 20th dec so if i dont get my rotax just yet, i might give it a go down there?

See you at Kart Mania

Laura Smile

laurakart44
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:22 am

Lydd is a good circuit, unfortuatly never got a chance to race there, may have to come when you go over Wink
Tom
Tom
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down